Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hell


OK, I really don’t remember Bikram yoga ever being THAT bad. Yes, it’s really hard, but it was never that terrible!

It honestly felt like hell. I haven’t exercised in 2 months (so obviously it felt like hell) and my legs were so shaky and weak.

After every single floor pose, and after every 20 second savasana, I was trying to remember which one in the sequence is the very last one. Every time I thought it was over, it wasn’t.

When it was over, I couldn’t even wait for savasana to be done. I packed up my mat and went into the change room, grabbed my stuff and went and sat downstairs in a chair until I could gain enough strength to pack up my things and leave. I felt so weak!

But I made it out alive (kind of). Whew.

Guess you can’t get stronger, more fit and flexible if you don’t work at it.

Right? Right!

After it was done, all I wanted to eat was apples and mandarin oranges. I find that after a workout, I always just want to eat fruits and veggies. Maybe my body is trying to tell me what I need more of? (Because I think it would be right).

So Becky and I drove over to the nearest grocery store and picked up my apples and oranges. We accidentally brushed up against a lip gloss stand by the checkout and some of the lip glosses fell to the ground. Ha ha! It was SO pitiful trying to watch us pick them up I'm sure. Kind of like how it's awkward and sad to watch an old lady with back problems bend over to pick something up? Yup... that's what we looked like.

I’ll be at it again tomorrow… wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOOOO! :) So happy you blogged!

    Bikram is HARD. I have been chickening out on doing the Bikram series again since I've gotten so used to Moksha. I need to get my butt to it again soon!

    Good for you for pushing through. It will only get easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't worked out in months as well and today is the day and I know my butt is going to get kicked!! I've heard great things about Bikram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is really hard, but if it's hard it means that it's going to give GREAT results... that's what I keep telling myself.

    Good luck Ashley!

    ReplyDelete